Monday, November 10, 2008

ALMOST EDIBLE

Our neighbor has this tree that I didn't take much notice of until all of its leaves fell off. The tree now has these adorable red berries and I keep thinking I want to go snap some shots of them. Today with the rain they looked almost delicious so I decided to go and practice some manual focusing.

You see, so far I have really only used my camera's auto focus mode, and it has suited me just fine. But I realize that if I can get proficient at manual focus I will have much more control over my photographs. You should have seen me out there taking pictures while holding an umbrella AND practicing my focusing skills. You would have been impressed. Here are a few of my favorites.

5 comments:

Christy said...

Those turned out great! You really have a great eye for photography.

Brandy said...

Mmmm, delicious looking!

Mistie said...

LOVE the shots! When are we going to get together and practice? I am not kidding either. I really need to learn how to use the manual settings as well. i guess i just should start by playing around with it. Great pictures darling!

Sara said...

You do such a good job with your blog! I loved your picture tag entry.

I am SO hoping for a girl next time (whenever that may be) so I can stop looking longingly at the pink section while I stand in the tiny blue section. I want to buy tights darn-it! :)

Unknown said...

Michelle, you are awesome! I love the pictures. And the pics of Ava in her little red shoes are great too! I really like red lately! :) I loved Stella's snow pictures and your "tagged" photo list. Love you!