Friday, November 21, 2008

ANOTHER YEAR OLDER x lO

So it is official, I turned 30 yesterday. I was surprised that turning 30 depressed me since I have been practicing for the big day by saying I am 30 the whole of 2008. But I found myself close to tears at 11:50 the night before as I realized that this was the end of my 20s. You know, I really liked my 20s, and I guess it was harder to say goodbye than I anticipated. Here are some pictures of me blowing out the candles. I posted that first picture because my face pretty much sums up how I felt about the day, and Stella looks cute. Well I guess I can't stop getting older just like I can't keep Stella from getting bigger.

I keep thinking about turning 20. That year it was my "magic" birthday because I was turning 20 on the 20th. It was my second year at Ricks College. Heidi made me meet her in the library where her and some of my since-estranged friends came screaming "Happy Birthday" with a wheelchair. Then they drove me all around campus in said wheelchair telling everyone that I was old and it was my birthday. It was quite the non-sensitive-to-the-handicapped parade. They also bought me my favorite meal from Applebee's, which we ate at like 15 times on the trip where we met. Then, my sweet roommates knowing that keeping a secret from me is desperately tricky, threw a non-surprise birthday party for me. What makes me worried I guess is that this day does not feel like a decade ago, but just yesterday.

5 comments:

angelicindy said...

I was going to joke about the benefit of having friends that are older than you, but then I have to say that I laughed out loud when I found my self in that last picture and and all jokes turned to headless jokes :). Happy Birthday Michelle!

Sara said...

30 isn't so bad! (although I'm saying that with 6-months to go until my big day, so what do I know?!?!) Like I said before, as long as we look younger than we are, then who cares what our actual age is! :) Happy Birthday...again!

Bree Biesinger Despain said...

Happy Birthday, Michelle!! I'm less than two months from my big 3-0, but I'm glad you're going through it before me. Hee hee :) Happy B-day anyway. You deserve a shoe shopping spree.

Anonymous said...

Happy b-lated Birthday!

Anna said...

I thought I had commented but I guess I didn't. I suck. Happy belated birthday.