Thursday, November 27, 2008

GOBBLE

Spoiler Alert for people who don't want to know how easy it is to make cranberries.
Today was Stella's first Thanksgiving. However I am not sure she noticed since she is a baby, and Thanksgiving is sort of a man's holiday anyway. Don't get me wrong, I look forward to my candied yams and impressing everyone with my cranberries every year. (Do you all realize how easy real cranberries are? Boil a cup of sugar, a cup of water, a bag of cranberries and stir...so good and almost a sin not to make them.)

This year was kind of different since it was the first Thanksgiving ever that my dad's store was open. He has sold his building and we need to get rid of a lot of stuff in a short amount of time, so we had a television ad running today. I was shocked that he was totally busy this morning (I mean who shops on Thanksgiving Day? And I consider myself a shopper.) I like working there when it is busy so I actually worked for the first time on Thanksgiving. So right now I am terribly exhausted, and wondering to myself why I am thinking I need to write this post. But I guess I figure if I don't do it now, it will never get done.

This year since the numbers were few on both the Evans and Sallay camp we had Thanksgiving together. My sweet grandmother wanted to host again, and it was a lovely time. Oh, and I can't forget to announce that we have a new nephew today born all the way in Qatar. Little Christian, welcome to the world! Note: I bought this Gap outfit last year before I knew whether or not we were having a boy or a girl. Brent gave me a hard time about it, but I told him to get over it since I was sick and pregnant. I deserved it. So Stella was able to show off her Thanksgiving attire, even though it was a tiny bit too big.

2 comments:

Mistie said...

happy thanksgiving!! I'll have to try cranberries next year!

angelicindy said...

i tried cranberry sauce for the first time this year. I know. I don't know why I never thought I would like it. But our cranberry sauce maker adds a slice of orange or orange juice for some zest. Talk about yum!