Friday, November 14, 2008

WINTER CHIC

I have really enjoyed just being a mom and not having to go and sell antiques day in and day out. But now that the weather has turned I am getting a tiny bit of cabin fever just staying home. I can think of lots of indoor adventures for older kids, but the only indoor thing I can think of doing with a child Stella's size is to take her shopping with me. Well since I am not working, shopping is not the best activity for me. What is a girl to do?

So today when it was sunny and a tad bit warmer I called Ashley and demanded a play date. I thought we could get out and get some fresh air. Plus I thought I could get Stella dolled up and take some winter themed pics. You know you SO want to see them...

A special note about this pea coat: When I saw it at Baby Gap this spring I wanted it so bad, because it totally looks like a coat I would wear. However, I never pay full price for anything... especially at Gap. I had to almost run out of the store to resist the urge to just buy it and feel guilty later. When Heidi came to see Stella in the summer she surprised me with the coat. Isn't she the best friend ever?!

4 comments:

Brandy said...

I just want to squeeze her. I love the pictures and I bet she had a delightful time. It's always easier on kids to have the photo shoot AT the play ground. Love it! And of course, the pea coat is to die for!

iva said...

Stella looks beautiful. She is growing so fast. Thanks for taking and posting the pictures, Michelle. I also love that you write so often.

Christy said...

Those are awesome! I can't believe how big she's getting! What a cute little outfit. I know how you feel about being cooped up. Now that I have 2 I don't want to go anywhere by myself but I'm so sick of staying home! I need some play dates! :)

Anna said...

I thought the same thing when I saw the coat- that it is something I would love to wear. And yes, Heidi is the best ever.