Sunday, November 30, 2008

FAKE PLASTIC TREES


Introducing the first ever Sallay family Christmas tree! When it comes to Christmas it is always about two things for me: my Christmas cards, and my collection of Santas in a star shape. I bought this tree after Christmas last year at Big Lots for half off, and I have been worried that I would be a dud with broken lights this whole year. But no need to worry because our adorable pre-lit fake tree is a winner. While Brent was putting it together, I asked him if he was glad that he married someone who has no interest in hunting down and setting up a real tree. He of course said an enthusiastic "yes."

You see, my childhood tree hunting memories are a disaster. Every year my parents would fight over which tree to buy, and the fight continued as it was set up and decorated. When my mom finally realized my dad hates Christmas and bought a fake tree, peace was restored to the Evans home. So now I am all about the fakies, especially the ones with the lights already on them...GENIUS!

While the Gummows were here for a short visit I had the boys help me decorate the tree. They did a great job and I got some great pictures. I love these fruit ornaments. I bought them about 6 years ago to decorate Salt Lake Antiques with the intention of eventually using them to decorate my tree. The look so cute all together it kills me!

6 comments:

Brandy said...

Love, Love, LOVE it!

angelicindy said...

i remember when the family decided to go from real to fake trees. we decided it would only be worth it if we could keep the same fake tree for 10 years to pay it off. ha ha ha. knowing mom, we kept it for fifteen and it was glued, wired, twisty tied together by the time we talked mom into picking up a tree on an after christmas sale :).

angelicindy said...

P.S. you're tree looks lovely!

Jenny said...

Fake tree?! Just kidding. My parents were the same way, however they are still buying real trees. I love those pics.

Anonymous said...

It was very beautiful in person too.

Bree Biesinger Despain said...

Okay, so if you ever forgive me for the frosting incident, I need to hire you to teach me how to take pictures. We have the same camera but my "tree decorating" pictures don't look anything like yours. I need serious help in the photography department.

Great pics! Beautiful tree!