Tuesday, November 4, 2008

THINKING ABOUT HER




Nonalee Evans To Know Her Is to Love Her Nonalee Evans, age 55, passed away Nov. 2, 2008, at the home of her sister, after a valiant struggle with Breast Cancer. She was born in Salt Lake City on Sept. 18, 1953 to Norman and Beverlee Johnson Evans. Nonalee attended South High and earned a nursing degree from SLCC. Nonalee worked as a nurse for many years at Salt Lake Clinic and the Taylorsville Clinic and was loved by her patients, doctors and staff. She had many friends and enjoyed her time with them. Nonalee loved life! She treasured her children and grandchildren and spent a lot of time with them. Scrapbooking for her grandchildren was her most recent hobby. She loved her family. Survived by her parents; children, Charice (Kelly) Workman and Daniel (Chandell) Caputo; grandchildren, Tyler, Zak, Markaylee, Evan and Antonio; brother, Scott (Teresa) and sister, Mickeleen (Joe) Thomas; nieces, Michelle, Ashley, Lennon and Julia; nephews, Tyler and Matt; and two great-nieces, Ava and Stella. Funeral services will be held on Wed., Nov. 5, 2008, 2:00 p.m. at Redwood Memorial Mortuary, 6500 South Redwood Road, West Jordan. A viewing will be held Tues., 6-8 p.m. at the mortuary and one hour prior to services. Interment to follow.

My grandma picked out that picture of Nonalee. Isn't it cute? She looks like she could be dancing with Nancy Sinatra to 'These boots are made for walkin'.

Thank you to everyone who is thinking of me and my family at this time. I am feeling terribly peaceful, and perhaps happy at the passing of my aunt. She was so sick at the end, and I feel grateful that it is all over now. Of course I feel the most sad when I think of my sweet grandmother and grandfather and how they have to go through this. Now that I am a mom, I can't imagine having to bury your own daughter...no matter how old she is. Also, of course knowing that my dad just lost his sister is very hard for me to think about. Overall though I know she is still with us and is watching over little Stella who she was so very fond of.

Nonalee started a journal, she got distracted by her scrapbooking though and there are only two entries. One of the two entries is about a day that my mom and I brought Stella up to visit her and how much she loved her. When my mom told me that, I think I cried the most then.

I'm just so grateful for the time we all had with her before she passed away. To be honest there have been times when everyone's relationship with my aunt has been a bit strained, and I couldn't be more happy that we all had that time to say how much we loved her, and she could say it back. How beautiful is the Lord's wisdom in all things.

4 comments:

About Us said...

I am sorry to hear about this. May God comfort and bless you and your family. I love you Michelle!

Christy said...

I'm so sorry! I know it was expected and that she's at peace which is good. I'm glad you're doing good under the circumstances but if you need anything let me know. Tell your family I'm thinking of them and I love them. Love you!!

Nicole said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Michelle. Prayers for you and your family.

Bree Biesinger Despain said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a beautiful tribute this post is to your aunt.