Wednesday, November 5, 2008

LAST NIGHT

When someone says to me: "In my dream last night...", I immediately try think to myself: "What else can I think about so I don't have to listen to this person's dream." So forgive me, because I want to talk about a dream I had last night. I was on some tour bus, and I felt like I was north of Seattle. And all of the sudden I saw the most beautiful sites. On my right and left were high hills with large leafs that had water coming down them falling from leaf to leaf creating the most lovely waterfall. And then we were driving up a canyon that had the most delightful flowers (one looked like a teacup). When we got to the top I got out of the bus to see the canyon glitter with gold and purple as sunlight and rainbows passed over the scene. Funny thing though...I was so busy trying to take a picture with my regular point and shoot...with NO success...that I missed just looking at the view and enjoying it. Which makes me laugh, because I am having a hard time living in the moment these days since I always want to take a picture of the moment. In my dream I determined to return to the site with my good camera.

With my aunt's passing I've been thinking about heaven, and when I woke up I thought: "that must be what heaven looks like." If that is the case, then heaven is just lovely. However, I hope that in heaven I have my SLR camera.

Last night Stella looked so cute in her outfit for my aunt's viewing. Since funerals are one place that I don't believe in taking pictures, no offense to anyone who has...I get it..family together and stuff, but I've always thought it was a little strange. So last night I took a few shots of the babe:

1 comment:

Anna said...

Oh my gosh - "I hope that in heaven I have my SLR camera." That is perhaps the greatest statement ever.