Thursday, September 18, 2008

ART HISTORY 101

Today was Stella's first trip to a museum. She was terribly excited about it, and was very good the whole time. The Utah Museum of Art was having an exhibition this summer that ends this weekend. Of course we had to wait until the last minute to go, and Dad had to pretend he was "close friends with (fill in blank here)" to get us tickets. I thought it was a good little showing, but I must admit to being a museum snob. Plus, I hate crowds at museums, so I sort of sped through it...taking a few moments to critique the paintings. I told Stella about the paintings and shared with her which artists were mommy's favorite. They did not allow pictures inside the exhibition, but they did among the permanent collection upstairs so I did get some pictures of Grandpa giving Stella her first art lesson.

Here we are being so scandalous. We are taking an unauthorized photo of the exhibit. After we took it I heard over the walkie talkies that they were looking for a man, woman, and child taking pictures. Thankfully we were not discovered. But of course, who could get mad at this face?


1 comment:

angelicindy said...

I love, love, love the pic with grandpa and Stella sitting on the bench. It makes her look like such a big girl. :)