Friday, September 12, 2008

MY AUNT

At the end of March, my aunt Nonalee went into the hospital very sick. Her breast cancer had returned and it had spread pretty much everywhere. Last week she was given three more weeks to live. Next week is her birthday, but we had a party tonight while her grandkids are in town.

She is working on scrapbook pages to give to each of her grandchildren, so I thought the best gift I could give her was to take pictures of all of them for her to add to her book. It is all pretty sad really, and it makes me more emotional than I ever thought. Yet, this time has really been a blessing. It has given me a chance to express my love for her, and share my testimony of the atonement with her as well.


She is a natural caregiver and has spent her life as a nurse. I know that she will continue to care for the ones she loves when she leaves this life.


No comments: